Background

Thursday, June 23, 2011

11 Month Old You

Where does the time go? I can't believe that my little baby boy is 11 months old! Jack, you are doing new things every day and developing and growing by leaps and bounds, it's crazy!

So, here is a little bit about 11 month old you...

  • You are a started crawling and have gotten better and better at.
  • You pull yourself up onto pretty much everything now.
  • It is hard to keep you contained anymore, you just want to go, go, go and do not want to be held much anymore.
  • You are still an awesome napper, with one nap in the morning and one in the afternoon.
  • I don't have to rock you to sleep, but I still do for a little bit because I like to snuggle you.
  • You LOVE bath time and you practically jump out of my arms when you see the tub.
  • You are walking while I hold both of your hands. I don't think you will be walking your own by your birthday, but shortly after that.
  • You are 18 lbs 2 oz and 28 inches long.
  • You are off of your tube for 8 hours a day! Go Jack! You will be done with that thing in no time!
  • You spent your 11 month birthday in the hospital. You got some kind of bug and needed IV fluids. You scared the crap out of your momma because you got so dehydrated so quickly. You are now recovering and I think almost back to normal after almost two weeks of feeling crappy.
  • You like to crawl after Cooper's tennis balls. Yes, he shares nicely with you and even lets you take them from him. He is so good with you, even when you are pulling out fist-fulls of his hair!
  • You absolutely love Goldfish crackers!
  • You are not a huge fan of the sippy cup, but I still keep offering it to you. If you see it at dinner it's all you want and won't eat.
  • You have two teeth! I thought you would never get teeth! You have your two bottom middle teeth and they suite you very well! You were a pretty good teether, just not napping during the day. And you love frozen bagels to help ease the pain.
  • You are into dropping your food off of your tray and watching the doggie scramble to gobble it up, even if it is one little Cherrio!
  • You are still not saying much. I desperately want to hear mamamama or dadadada or anything like that from you. But I know when you start you won't stop!
  • You are still so happy in the morning. I see your smiling face and can't be crabby at it! You are an awesome sleeper too going down about 7:30/8:00 and sleeping about 12 whole hours! If you cry you just want your paci and go right back to sleep.
  • You still want and love your paci. I have noticed you chewing on it though and am trying to give it to you only when you are tired. With the heat, it gives you a rash around your mouth.
  • You have perfected giving kisses, fives, and So Big!
  • Twinkle Twinkle Little Star will calm you right down when you are fussy.
  • You love touch and feel books now and are eating books less and turning the pages more.
You are too much fun these days and on the go. I can't believe you are going to be one next month and that we are in the midst of planning your 1st Birthday Party! We have a lot coming up this next month and I am so looking forward to some new and exciting adventures with you and Daddy. I love you more than words can say and look forward to spending each and every day with you. I need to slow down and take more of you in and not worry so much about things to come. Keep smiling and giggling Jack Matthew...you are so loved by so many...especially your Mommy and Daddy! XOXO

Hanging out with friends at the Splash Pad. You don't really like the Splash Pad, I think it's too cold for you, but we still managed to have a good time.

Hanging with the boys! You love to sit with daddy like this.

Soaking up a great visit with Auntie Libs!

My baby is a Genius!

Playing with friends...this cutie had the same due date as Jack did!

You love to press the buttons. Mamma's, check out this site if you can't keep your babies hands off the computer: http://www1.babyfirsttv.com/

And loving the phone too!

Standing rather confidently.

First swim of the season! 

Happy first Father's Day Daddy!

Fun with bubbles in the tubby!

3 comments: