Background

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Better Days

So yes, things are looking up around here after being very down. Matt came home with the flu late afternoon on Wednesday, then I woke up with it on Thursday morning. Matt had to come home from work to take care of the baby who couldn't keep anything down or in him. We became very worried considering his circumstances, so we took him to the ER. He had lost almost a whole pound! That's a lot for our little man. It takes him forever to gain a pound! He was given IV fluids and got an x-ray of his tummy to make sure everything was ok. All was well and we were sent home. But Jack's GI system still isn't right. His formula has been switched, but I will be on the phone with the doctors tomorrow to give them updates.  I still don't know if he ever was sick. I keep racking my brain and asking myself millions of questions...I just want some answers and a resolution to this issue now.

Luckily, our Jack is back to himself personality wise, but just so skinny and bony. He is back to doing what he does best, smiling and giggling, and making us do the same. I can't tell you how much I missed that smile and all those quirky little noises he makes!

We had a great weekend and spent most of it all outside, after purchasing some baby sunblock! We went for  very long walk with Matt's parents and had a little cook out. Then we spent the evening outside with our neighbors. Sunday we worked outside all day doing yard work. Jack was so content in his pack and play with his toys watching the world go by. Matt's parents brought Jack and early Easter gift...a swing! Daddy put it up and Jack was swinging by the end of the afternoon and loving it!
All tuckered out after our very long walk.
More outside fun!

It was so great to soak up all of the fresh air and sunshine this weekend (I even have a little sun burn). I have literally been inside for the past three seasons...summer, fall and winter! I have such a new appreciation for these nice, sunny, warm days and being able to do yard work. I am looking forward to planting my vegetable garden and pots of flowers later this spring. I think it's going to get harder to blog.

This sunny weekend has seemed to melt all of my troubles away and make me look at the brighter side of life. I have been so blessed with so many wonderful and beautiful things in my life. Jack is finally able to enjoy the great outdoors (and I think he likes it), and while some days may be challenging, there are many more days filled with laughter and smiles. Here's to many good days ahead, enjoying all my little man has to offer!
A picture says a thousand words...but this one says a million!
Thanks for the swing Grandma and Grandpa!
I can't wait to spend this week with my smiley little baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment