Background

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Speaking of Time Flying...

Jack Matthew you are 9 months old! You are an amazing little spirit filled with so much life and joy! You still constantly smile and brighten the lives of so many people. These have been the very best nine months of my life and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world!

Here's a little bit about you right now...
  • You constantly smile.
  • You have the best little laugh in the entire world and daddy and I will do anything to hear it.
  • You laugh at sneezes, hiccups, and coughs...who knew this was so funny?!?!
  • You can support yourself on all fours and are starting to crawl backwards and move around a little.
  • You love, love, love to swing!
  • You can stand by yourself when you are holding onto something in front of you.
  • You are still so easy going and mellow.
  • You will nap anywhere.
  • You still take two naps...about an hour and a half to two hours each.
  • Last weight check you were 16 lbs 5 oz, but you were up to 16 lbs 12oz and then caught a bug. But daddy and I think you have gained it all back plus some.
  • Your favourite foods are now blueberries and carrots with garlic. I just gave you watermelon and you cried when it was gone, so you must love that too!
  • You are a paci addict, but that's ok with me. You suck on your lower lip when you don't have your paci and that is my favorite of your many faces!
  • You are over your clingy stage and will let anyone hold you, but always keep your eyes on mommy.
  • You still coo and make lots of breathy sounds, but no consonants yet. I repeat ma ma ma ma ma to you all day long!
  • No teeth yet, but you are a drooly mess, they are coming!
  • You had your developmental appointment and are right on track! Yea!
  • You love to be outside.
  • You put your arms up when you want to be held.
  • You have favorite toys...a wooden triangle toy and the colored rings. 
  • You sit in the tub like a big boy now.
  • You are off your tube for three hours a day now. 
  • You are always hungry and are eating three ounces every three hours and about two ounces of baby food twice a day, which I still make! I know you would eat more of both, but I don't want to give you too much of a good thing!
  • You are in 9 month clothes and they are roomy on you. But I think you could wear some twelve month things.
  • You are still happiest in the mornings and after nap. You sleep in until about 7-7:30 and go to bed between 7:30 and 8:00 so I can fit in all of your feedings.
  • You are perfectly content to just sit on the floor and play with your toys. You can sit all by yourself now with no worries. 
  • We put away the infant tub, swing and vibrating seat and took the pack and play down from our room. A sad day to me. 
  • You are SO happy to see daddy when he comes home from work!
  • You are always watching the dog and he makes you laugh a lot too. You grab for him and want to pet him. I think you guys will be great buddies someday.
  • You have had one trip to the ER and it was very sad...but it wasn't anything you haven't already been through! You are so tough!
  • I still cuddle you before naps and rock you to sleep even though I know you don't need it, but I do.
Jack Matthew you make my day! I can't believe that I actually love you more today that I did yesterday. You are such an amazing, happy little man. I am still amazed with how much you laugh and smile. It really never stops. You are so active and oblivious to your tube and what you have gone through. I hope that you continue to brighten the days of all those you meet for the rest of your life. I truly believe that you are here to help others and make their days brighter. Keep smiling baby boy, I love you! XO Mommy
Yep, a paci addict. You are even waking up in the middle of the night when it pops out of your mouth and you can't find it.
Love that face! Now let's start crawling!

Tried to do a cool photo shoot with a flower, but you didn't care about the flower.

The swing still puts you to sleep.

Peas and carrots, yum!

Trying our new fruits in your teether!

Playing with a favorite toy.

A little swinging action, if you listen close you can hear him giggle!


3 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog in the morning - you have such a positive voice. :)
    Sean had the same hammer as Jack. In fact, he helped Grandpa and I build a garage in Wisconsin with it when he was 1. You never know when that will come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jack is soo adorable and the SMILE is amazing!!!! your blog is inspiring, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cant believe how big he is! so glad to see that he is doing well and growing into such a big boy :)

    ReplyDelete