Background

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A First Easter

Every holiday is a first lately and with that brings family traditions. I don't think Matt and I have ever colored eggs together, but we started this year! Even though we did it after Jack went to bed, we did start this new family tradition of coloring eggs. It's so nice to reminisce with Matt about how his family did things and how mine did and then combine those traditions to make our own, new one! We talked about the big heavy mugs our family used to color eggs, how there were only about six colors (our kit had nine), the shrinky egg wrappers, and using crayons on eggs. We had a great time and I plan on introducing egg yolk to Jack with all of these eggs we have lying around!
There were too many colors to choose from! We had to boil more eggs so we could use them all!

Daddy and Jack's eggs.

Even Cooper got his own Easter egg!

Easter Sunday came and the bunny came to our house for Jack and Matt...but he seemed to have misplaced my Easter basket this year! We spent the morning indulging in candy, which Matt gave up for Lent, and Diet Coke, which I gave up for Lent. Jack enjoyed playing with all of his new toys and books and I was very excited to put him in his Easter finest.  Unfortunately, this was the morning that Jack's GI system seemed to begin to go wild. I stayed home from church to watch him and see if we could partake in the rest of the days festivities. He seemed fine, very happy, so we had a quick visit with my parents then off to Matt's grandparents house for Easter dinner. A quick stop at his parent's house on the way home, then home to spend a little time outside before putting Jack to bed. Phew, it was a long day. The holidays are great and always family filled, but they are also filled with so much running around. I'm hoping that Matt and I will start some new traditions in the near future that require a lot less time in the car and running around. It's special days like these that I want to remember and cherish forever...soon Easter will be filled with egg hunts, bubbles and kites and I want there to be plenty of time enjoy the childhood splendor that comes with holidays! I do not have any pictures of Jack in his studly Easter outfit because he had a blowout before I could take a picture! But I plan on dressing him up in his little plaid dress shirt sometime soon to "re-enact" him in his Easter finest!
Our Easter baskets. Thank you Matt for sharing!

Feeling overwhelmed with lots of new stuff to figure out!

I don't think he really liked the ears. Matt said this reminded him of when Ralphie tried on the rabbit jammies on "The Christmas Story"!

This was our Easter Bunny!

A little swinging after the festivities were over. He really loves the swing!

I hope all of you had a wonderful Easter Sunday and remembered that miracles really do happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment