Background

Thursday, March 17, 2011

8 Months Already?

Yes Jack, today you are 8 months old! Time really does fly and I can't believe how fast it is flying! Here is a bit about you right now...

  • You are now 16 lbs 4 oz and 26 inches long! You still wear 6 month clothes, but they are quickly getting too short for you. I put a 9 month outfit on you the other day and you swam in it. I love dressing you in your little man outfits.
  • We now go to the Doctor once every other week instead of every week and are very slowly starting to wean your tube feedings. This is VERY exciting.
  • You suffer from severe diaper rash almost constantly.
  • You wake up around 6:30 or so but can occupy yourself in your crib for about an hour before crying. And you sleep through the night, pretty much always have. If you wake up, somethings up.
  • You love your bottles and "real" food too. You pretty much eat everything I feed you. You are not real crazy about peas, but take them with fruit. Your favorite foods are avocado and bananas. I have started to give you cantaloupe in a teether and you go crazy for that! And I am still making all of your baby food and plan to keep it up.
  • You are happiest and all smiles in the morning...it's my very favorite time with you!
  • You love your excersaucer...daddy and I call it your office because you are so busy playing in it all the time. 
  • You smile far much more than you cry and I think you know to smile for the camera now!
  • We recently starting to take trips to the park to swing and you love feeling the breeze on your face.
  • Everyone thinks you are 5 months old, but I set them straight.
  • You can sit up on your own!
  • You can roll from front to back and you hate being on your tummy except for naps.
  • You are easy to put to bed with a bottle and some rocking. You listen to daddy's lullaby mix at night and need your turtle on.
  • You are napping two to three times a day.
  • We read lots of books...Dr. Seuss and Sandra Boynton are our favorites.
  • I can always calm you down with a song and make you laugh with a dance...We sing Wheels on the Bus, Skidamirinkedink, Twinkle Twinkle, Old McDonald, Comin Round the Mountain are your favorites.
  • You are content sitting in the Bumbo playing in the mornings while I wash your bottles and make formula. We listen to Classic Rock and I sing songs to you.
  • I still get nervous when you cry and think something might really be wrong.
  • You have had your first cold and first flu.
  • You cry when you are tired, have a dirty diaper or want to eat. 
  • I started calling daycares and cried the moment I hung up the phone with them.
  • You like to play "Boo" and like when we make the "Piggy" noise for you.
  • You are such a good traveler and always fall asleep in the car, even on short trips!
  • We started swimming at the YMCA this month...you are pretty mellow in the water, not one for splashing like your mom!
  • You don't have a lot of babysitters, just Grandma's and Grandpa's very rarely. Daddy and I like to take you with us when we go places. You do dinner out just fine and love looking at all of the movement!
  • You have the sweetest giggle and are so very ticklish just like your daddy!
Going to the park has become a new favorite past time of ours.
You could stay in the stroller for ever.
You and daddy at the St. Pat's celebration in Utica.
I just love those cheeks!!!!!!
Excersauc-ing outside on St. Pat's Day
Swimming with mommy!


Not a day goes by that I don't think about the long road we have travelled together and all the people that have helped us get to where we are today. We are so very fortunate to have you in our lives and I am constantly grateful that you are here and home! I often think of our time together in the NICU, now my thoughts are with the families that are there and riding the crazy roller coaster. I also think about our nurses a great deal and hope they and their families are in good fortune. 

I love you more, and more, and more every day...I honestly can't get enough of you and your kissable cheeks! You are what makes my world go round!

"Nothing I've ever done has given me more joys and rewards than being a father to my children" Bill Cosby

No comments:

Post a Comment