Background

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Thanks

I just want to thank everyone for all of the support and comments on my new journey of blogging. I think it's so important to share our journey. So many people are still praying for us and wondering how we are doing and this is a great way to share that information. I also feel like I am doing something for a cause...I want to be an advocate, a voice, and create awareness. I also want to inspire people to let them know that they can do anything they set out to do and to not let anything drag you down in life, even when things get really, really hard...harder than you have every imagined.

Writing these thoughts and memories down has been such an outlet for me. I am still dealing with not having a "normal" pregnancy, not being able to bring my new baby home "normally" and having a baby with special needs. Having a preemie is much harder than people think it is, and even though he is home, there are many issues that seem to slap us in the face constantly. For example, we were waiting in the doctors office the other day and a brand new baby was crying...I've never heard Jack's brand new baby cry, and when I did, it was all raspy and rough from being on the ventilator. But now I hear him cry, and every time I do I am thankful for his still rough, raspy, deep cry.

Thank you for being my outlet and letting me share our very special journey with you! I hope you can take something away from our experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment