Background

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The High Chair

So we have a "family heirloom" high chair. It is probably more than 60 years old. My dad and all of his brothers and sisters used it, many of my cousins, and my brother, sister and I used it too. I love sentimental things like that and it has always been my dream to use my high chair, from when I was a baby, for my baby. My parents brought it over a very long time ago, before Jack was born.

At the beginning of February I decided to try it with Jack and I was so excited! Here's what happened...
First everything was great...

Then he started sliding...

And sliding, and sliding...

I turned to put the camera down and poor little Jack was screaming and sliding farther and farther out of his 60 year old family heirloom high chair! Needless to say, the family heirloom is not equipped with any straps and the tray doesn't latch and you can shove the try right off that high chair! I was determined to make my dream come true of using my high chair for my baby. I tired everything to get my baby to stick in that high chair, but nothing worked out, and I quickly realized that it wasn't safe anymore.  The Bumbo and tray were working out fine, but he was starting to tip the Bumbo and his legs were starting to get stuck in the little holes. At least I know your growing Jack! 

So over the weekend I got to make a trip to Babies R Us (all alone, it was fantastic) and bought our baby boy a brand new high chair! Jack has been enjoying eating and playing in his new high chair. We even pull it up to the "big" table when we eat and have "family" dinners!

First "seating" in high chair...I think he likes it!

He is fascinated with cups lately. He will take any cup off of a table and try to put it to his mouth, no matter what it is filled with. He likes to chew on them and yell into them! We have been practicing taking tiny sips of water and he's digging it...

Best toy ever!
Happily awaiting dinner, playing with the cup!


This is hysterical and I had to share it! He is yelling into his cup with his low raspy voice! He does this all the time! Sometimes it makes him laugh, then he giggles into his cup...too cute and very funny! I hope it make you laugh as much as it did my husband and I!

And while I was making formula this morning and learning how to post a video, this happened...
My...
Sweet...
Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment